Nursing Science Day
Optimizing and Transforming Health and Healthcare Delivery Outcomes through Nursing Discovery, Research and Scholarship
Noon-6 p.m. Thursday, April 27, 2023
Verizon Ballroom, Arkansas Union, University of Arkansas
Faculty and students from health-related disciplines in area colleges and healthcare professionals are invited to attend the symposium and also submit abstracts. The program is free, but registration required.
Elizabeth Tarlov, Ph.D., R.N.
Director, Division of Extramural Science Programs
National Institute of Nursing Research
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Jessie Casida, Ph.D., R.N., APN-C, FAAN
Professor and Executive Director, Eleanor Mann School of Nursing
George and Boyce Billingsley Endowed Chair in Nursing
University of Arkansas
Anne Sales, Ph.D., R.N.
Professor, Sinclair School of Nursing and Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine
University of Missouri, Columbia
Monica Wagner, Ph.D., R.N.
Assistant Professor, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
Member, Population and Cancer Prevention Program, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
Contact Hours Offered
- Nursing continuing professional development contact hours are offered for attending the sympsosium. Please review the details from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Variable contact hours are being offered for poster presentation.
- Participants may earn 3 contact hours for attending the session presentations and completing the online evaluation.
- Participants may earn up to 2 contact hours for attending the poster presentations and completing the online evaluation.
- Policies for Contact Hours from Nursing Science Day
Clinical Assistant Professor Lori Murray, D.N.P., firstname.lastname@example.org
Flyer for the 2023 Nursing Science Day (PDF)
Call for Abstracts
☞ Online Abstract Submission Form ☜
- Submission Deadline — Friday, April 7, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts — Friday, April 14, 2023
The Eleanor Mann School of Nursing and the Pi Theta chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International are accepting abstracts for this, the inaugural U of A Nursing Science Day.
Authors from nursing and other disciplines are invited to submit their abstracts informing the advancement of nursing research, practice, education and/or policy.
- Poster presentation
- Original research
- Quality/performance improvement
- Systematic reviews
- Thoughts and Progress — e.g., theory, instrumentation, research methodology
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, data analytics
- Advocacy, ethics, jurisprudence and law
- Basic, behavioral, food/nutrition and social sciences
- Clinical care across the lifespan, care settings and care continuum
- Health promotion and risk reduction
- Healthcare systems, leadership, organizational effectiveness
- Healthcare economics, business of nursing and healthcare
- Planetary health — community, global, public and school health
- Quality and safety
- Teaching and learning
- Technology, biomedical engineering, computer science, informatics
- Therapy and therapeutics — e.g., art, dance, music, biologics, canine, cognitive-behavioral, pharmacological, surgical procedures
Submit your abstract online and follow the following steps:
- Select abstract category
- Corresponding author/presenter: Full name, email address and telephone number
- Abstract title: Use/type upper and lower case
- Authors and institutions: Include the full first name, middle initial and last name of all authors, degree if they have one, their institutional affiliations, cities, and states
- Abstract body: Type purpose, methods, results and conclusion in the space provided.
Content must include the following:
- Brief statement of the purpose of the study (research questions, aims, goal, or hypothesis being tested)
- Statement of methods and procedures/instrumentation used
- Summary of results, presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusion
- Conclusions must include implications for nursing research, practice, education, policy, and/or interprofessional education or research.
- Space limit:
- Words: 350 word excluding spaces and headings.
- If applicable, attach 1 table and 1 figure, or 2 tables or 2 figures
- Use AMA Manual of Style 10th edition writing and citation style, arial font 12, single-space
- Include background section in the poster
- If applicable, create an Acknowledgement section in the poster citing funding source(s), institutional support, other contributors etc.
- Proofread carefully; no resubmission allowed
- Notifications of accepted abstracts will include instructions on poster preparations, upload, and presentation
- 11:45 a.m.-noon — Set-up
- Noon-1:30 p.m. — Initial viewing
Contact Hours for Nursing Continuing Professional Development
The Eleanor Mann School of Nursing at the University of Arkansas is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
To receive contact hours for the NCPD sessions offered during the program, participants are required to attend the entire session, complete the NCPD event evaluation and complete the evaluation for each session attended. Certificates for attendees can be retrieved after the online evaluation is complete. The number of contact hours awarded to each participant will be based on the number of evaluations completed for each session attended.
Notice of Disclosures
Relevant Financial Relationships
The planning committee members, content reviewers and faculty/speakers/authors have disclosed no relevant financial relationships unless otherwise noted prior to the beginning of the educational session.
Commercial Support and Sponsorships
EMSON will inform attendees if a commercial interest has provided financial or in-kind support for the educational activity, including how content integrity is maintained and bias is prevented. This will be done prior to the educational session.
Available contact hours will be posted once the Nursing Science Symposium schedule is finalized. Please check back.