L.P.N. to B.S.N. Online
L.P.N to B.S.N Online Program
The L.P.N. to B.S.N. online program provides the opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse with a certificate to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Holding a bachelor's degree improves the earning potential of nurses as well as their career advancement opportunities.
Features of the Program
- Courses taught by full-time faculty members
- Program totally online; no campus visit required
- Program is part time and can be completed in approximately 3 years
- All practicum courses can be completed in the student's own geographic area using a preceptor model
- Most didactic courses are delivered over 8 weeks, and practicum courses are delivered over a full semester. Course lengths in the summer terms are 8 to 10 weeks.
- Fall and Spring semester starts available for qualified applicants
Program Learning Outcomes
The goal of the B.S.N. program is to prepare graduates to provide culturally sensitive, evidence-based care to clients through the roles of caregiver, teacher and manager in a variety of settings.
- Contribute leadership to promote quality care and patient safety
- Integrate evolving knowledge into clinical nursing practice
- Demonstrate skill in utilizing healthcare technology and information systems
- Apply knowledge of healthcare policy, finance and regulatory environments to advocate for quality health care
- Collaborate with inter-professional teams to improve healthcare outcomes
- Provide health protection and promotion, risk reduction, and disease prevention to individuals, families and populations
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity and social justice
- Adapt nursing care to meet the needs of patients across the lifespan and healthcare continuum, respecting variations in populations, environments and access to care
- Global Campus L.P.N. to B.S.N. page
- Academic Calendars
- Nursing School Section of Undergraduate Catalog
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Transfer Credit & Equivalencies
Interested in applying to the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing L.P.N. - B.S.N. Online
- Students can submit an application to the university at any time.
- You must go online to apply to the University of Arkansas.
- Applicants still needing prerequisites are encouraged to apply and complete them at the University of Arkansas; the majority are available in online format.
- Admission to the nursing program is only in Spring and Fall semesters.
- Spring start application deadline — Nov. 15.
- Fall start application deadline — July 15.
- Must meet all admission criteria to apply to the nursing program.
- Verify that you meet all admission criteria on the Online Program page, such as Common Courses to Complete Before Applying.