Procedures for Admission Consideration
- Admission to the University of Arkansas Graduate School (requires a $60 non-refundable application fee)
- Completion of a nationally accredited professional degree program in nursing
- A 3.0 cumulative grade-point average on the last 60 credit hours of attempted coursework in previous nursing program
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse
- Submission of curriculum vitae or professional resume
- Completion of candidate interview
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a faculty member and one from an employer
- Additional requirements for master’s-prepared Advanced Practice Registered Nurse applicants:
- Completion of a Master's Degree in Nursing from a nationally accredited M.S.N. program
- A.P.N. licensure — if required by student's state of residence
- Certification as an A.P.N.
- Qualified applicants will be admitted on a space available basis.
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may be referred to the Graduate Admissions Committee for special consideration and may be required to fulfill additional prerequisites.
Further details are in the Graduate Nursing Programs section of the Catalog of Studies.